South Asia 2009 (Europa Regional Surveys of the World)
Now in its sixth edition, South Asia 2009 provides an in-depth library of information on the countries and territories of the region. Exhaustively researched by Europa's experienced editorial team, this title includes a vast range of up-to-date economic, political and statistical data. Combining impartial analysis with facts and figures, South Asia 2009 provides a unique overall perspective on this increasingly important region.
The book is divided into three sections:
- containing introductory essays by key specialists providing impartial coverage of issues of regional importance including security and religion. Essays include: Globalization and Human Development in South Asia: Corruption and Governance in South Asia: Current Security Issues in South Asia: Forced Migration in South Asia: India as a Superpower: Gender Issues in South Asia: the Religions of South Asia: and Population and Environmental Issues in South Asia.
- detailed coverage of the eight countries of South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, The Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
- up-to-date statistical surveys including the latest available figures on population and area, agriculture, industry, trade, transport, communications, media and education
- a :directory section of essential contact names, postal addresses and e-mail and internet addresses.
- a :biographical section profiling prominent figures in the South Asian region
- directory details of research institutes studying the area and a select book and periodicals bibliography.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text:|
The Near East: Archaeology in the 'Cradle of Civilization': Archaeology in the 'Cradle of Civilisation' (Experience of Archaeology)
Small Business Credit Availability in Light of Recent Small Business Reforms: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Procurement, Taxation, and Tourism of ... One Hundred Third Congress, Second Session,
Die Bedeutung Von Umweltbelangen Im Planungsrecht Am Beispiel Der Immissionsgrenzwerte Nach Der 22. Bimschv (Europaeische Hochschulschriften / European University Studie)